Celebrate Summer With Homemade Protein Popsicles!
Are you looking for a healthy and delicious frozen treat you can enjoy this summer all while avoiding grocery stores and ice cream parlors? Read on for an easy, diabetic-friendly protein popsicle recipe!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup milk (nonfat or skim)
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 scoops protein powder (no sugar added)
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Shredded coconut
- Chia and flax seeds
- Chopped almonds and walnuts
- Dark chocolate chips (no sugar added)
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into molds and freeze for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and add desired toppings plus popsicle sticks.
- Return the popsicles to the freezer and allow them to freeze until they are completely solid.
- When ready to eat the popsicles, remove them from the freezer and run the bottom under hot water for a few seconds to remove them from the mold.
How to Make These Popsicles Dairy-Free
Use a no-added-sugar, plant-based yogurt, milk and protein powder (of your choice).
Recipe adapted fromohsodelicioso.com