This week we’re featuring a recipe for a healthier candied apple – an easy, cute and fun snack idea for Halloween that kids will love!
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut in half crosswise
- 2 (4-ounce) cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 wooden treat sticks
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips and/or shredded coconut
- Stir peanut butter and honey together in a small bowl.
- Cut the apple in half and insert a wooden treat stick into the top of each apple.
- Place an apple half, cut-side down, on top of each opened applesauce cup.
- Spread half the peanut butter mixture decoratively over the top of the skin of each apple with a knife. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (and/or coconut).
Makes 2 servings
Each Serving: 227 calories, 9 g fat, 5 g fiber, 34 g carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 26 g sugar
Source: “Peanut Butter “Candy” Apples,” Melissa Fallon, eatingwell.com, September 2017.