Cozy Up With Our Dill Pickle Stew
This month’s healthy recipe is sure to warm the chill out of your bones as Halloween approaches. Read on to get the recipe so you can serve up this tangy, yet satisfying, autumn meal.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ pounds potatoes*
- 1 rib celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 small or ½ a medium onion
- 4 large dill pickles
- ½-3/4 cup dill pickle liquid, or to taste
*Any kind of potato will work, but Yukon Gold are preferable.
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Dice carrots and celery.
- Place potatoes in a large pot; pour the broth over top. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat, allowing to simmer. Add the celery and carrots.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the soup.
- Coarsely grate the pickles or chop them finely. Once potatoes and carrots are tender, add the pickles and pickle juice to taste. Simmer for a few minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and/or a sprinkle of fresh dill.