This Month, Enjoy a Sweet and Tangy Holiday Side Dish Featuring Brussels Sprouts!
Check out a delicious twist to your traditional roasted Brussels sprouts with this month’s featured recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 small apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the halved Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper and toss together with your hands until coated.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping them after about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the apple cider vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the roasted Brussels sprouts and diced apple in a serving bowl and pour the dressing over them, stirring to combine.
Nutrition Facts: 132 calories, 5 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 158 g sodium, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 4 g protein
Recipe adapted from reciperunner.com