Struggling to come up with meal ideas for the week? Check out this easy, one-pan chicken and vegetable recipe that will help you save time while enjoying a nutritious meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a plastic-sealed bag. Add chicken to the bag and marinate the mixture for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Cover a rimmed pan with aluminum foil and coat with sesame oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Add carrots and chicken to pan and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and stir together with carrots. Cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and vegetables are tender.