Try This Healthy Veggie Casserole for Breakfast!
Check out this month’s recipe, which features a veggie-packed breakfast casserole that’s perfect for the holidays and can be made a day ahead to save time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 sweet or red onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cherry or Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a small glass baking pan or 9×9-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for about four minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until softened, then add spinach and cook until its wilted. Add the vegetable mixture to the baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir in the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked thoroughly.
Adapted from primaverakitchen.com.