Get Festive With This Holiday Pudding
Read on for a chia pudding that is not only delicious but also rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. This recipe is a perfect addition to your holiday meals, such as breakfast or dessert.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 sliced kiwi
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a bowl or jar, combine the chia seeds and milk. Stir well to prevent clumping.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate it for at least 3 to 4 hours, or overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb liquid and create a pudding-like consistency. You may want to stir the mixture a couple of times during the first hour to avoid clumping.
- Once the chia pudding has thickened, remove it from the refrigerator.
- To serve, layer the chia pudding with the following toppings:
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top for a burst of red color and a sweet-tart flavor.
- Arrange sliced kiwi on top for a refreshing green element and a tropical touch.
- Finally, sprinkle slivered almonds for added texture and a nutty flavor.
- Enjoy your holiday chia pudding as a nutritious and festive treat!
Recipe adapted from thewholesmiths.com