Healthy, Seasonal Cucumber Sandwiches
Embrace spring flavors with a classic lunchtime favorite that’s perfect for the whole family. Check out this month’s featured recipe to try out this refreshing take on the traditional cucumber sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- Stir cream cheese, yogurt, chives, dill and pepper together in a small bowl until well-blended.
- Spread mixture evenly on one side of each bread slice. Top one with cucumber slices, then top with the other bread slice, cream cheese-side down.
- Cut the crusts from the sandwich, cut it in half diagonally and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 358 calories, 22 g total fat, 12 g saturated fat, 439 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 12 g protein
Recipe adapted from eatingwell.com