Serve up a unique twist to an ages-old seasonal veggie for your holiday meal with this month’s featured recipe: maple roasted winter squash side dish. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 butternut squash (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried nutmeg
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray or coat with olive oil.
- Peel the squash and chop it into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, olive oil, sage, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Stir in the squash cubes until they are well-coated.
- Add the squash cubes in a single layer to the baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flip the squash, then cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Recipe adapted from: chocolateslopes.com