Freshen up Your Holiday Feast
Featuring seasonal flavors, colors and nutrients, this speedy salad is sure to become a tradition.
Holiday Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag of 50% blend mixed greens and spinach, washed
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (low-sugar option)
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- ½ large red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl or salad dressing shaker bottle, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. If using a bowl, whisk to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and fluff. Serve immediately or store the vinaigrette separately in the fridge. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from flavormosaic.com