Celebrate National Nutrition Month with a nutritious and simple recipe featuring a variety of produce. Check out this month’s featured recipe that can be served as a great party dip or enjoyed as part of a meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup original hummus
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo, store-bought or homemade
- 1 ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- Layer ingredients, in the order listed, into four small glasses or jars, or a small serving dish, dividing evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: 200 calories, 8 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 520 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 0 g added sugar, 14 g protein
Recipe adapted from loveonetoday.com.