Spring has officially sprung and you might be itching for warm weather, fresh air and sunshine. This time of in-between winter and summer is an excellent opportunity for new, healthy routines and actions. Here are some of our favorite ideas to start anew and feel refreshed:
- Do a pantry purge. Donate the food you don’t want or need, get rid of unhealthy options and reduce clutter.
- Deep-clean your home. From scrubbing the baseboards to shredding old bills, you can prepare your home for a new season by doing a deep clean.
- Try something new. Use spring to venture out and try something new, such as going for a hike, walking a new trail, taking up jogging or getting your family outside for a bike ride.
- Reconnect. Going into hibernation mode during winter is common, but now that the birds are chirping, it’s time to reconnect with the people who make your life fulfilling! Make an effort to get out and reconnect with society safely. Meet a friend for dinner. Read a book at your regular coffeehouse. Reacquaint yourself with the world around you.
- Spring-clean your mental wellbeing. If you’ve struggled during the pandemic, you are certainly in good company. But this spring, try to break out of unhealthy thought patterns. “In order to change things up, we have to change things up.” Try journaling, mediating, practicing mindfulness and creating space for a healthier, happier mind. There is no shame in asking for help if you need to work with a therapist, too.
- Get quality rest. Try going to bed and waking up around the same time each night. Develop healthy bedtime habits, such as reading or journaling to encourage quality sleep.
“Spring Reset for Your Home, Body, and Mind,” Emily Holland, Chopra.com, March 28, 2018.