If you’re trying to take care of your brain, it’s important to focus on fueling yourself with the nutrients your body needs in order to support brain health and optimal mental function. Incorporating omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and B vitamins in your diet could give your brain the boost it needs!
- Berries: Ever wonder where berries get their bright, beautiful colors? The answer is flavonoids – natural plant pigments that can also help improve memory.
- Walnuts: If you want a superior source of protein and healthy fat that may help improve memory, look to walnuts. Toss them in a salad, make a pesto or eat them raw!
- Fatty Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids have long been known to help protect the brain. Fatty fish is full of this healthy unsaturated fat.
- Green Veggies: Loading up on leafy greens can help slow cognitive decline by giving you a dose of nutrients like vitamin K, lutein, folate and beta carotene.
- Turmeric: This ancient spice and potent antioxidant has been linked to fighting inflammation, thanks to its active ingredient curcumin. Incorporating turmeric in your diet may help ease depression, help new brain cells grow and boost your memory.
“5 Foods Linked to Better Brainpower,” Harvard HealthBeat, April 24, 2021.
“11 Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory,” Kerri-Ann Jennings, MS, RD, Healthline, May 9, 2017.