Serving Size: ¼ cup
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas (or dry chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or traditional paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas (or prepare dry chickpeas according to package).
- Spread an even layer of chickpeas across a clean dish towel (or paper towel) and pat them dry.
- In one bowl, add the olive oil and toss the chickpeas until they are coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the other ingredients and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to the baking sheet in an even layer and roast them for 40 minutes, until browned. Turn the chickpeas after about 20 minutes.
- Once roasted to your liking, remove the chickpeas from the oven and sprinkle them with the mixture of ingredients – no need to wait until the chickpeas cool. (Adding the seasoning while the chickpeas are hot might help the ingredients adhere to the chickpeas better.)
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
“Roasted, Spiced Chickpeas,” marthastewart.com, accessed on March 25, 2019.
“Roasted Chickpeas Recipe,” Kroger.com, accessed on March 25, 2019.