Try Our Safe, Edible Cookie Dough You Can Make in 20 Minutes!
After last week’s article about the dangers of raw cookie dough, we’ve got a safe — yet delicious — cookie dough recipe for you! Serve it at your next gathering or keep it in the freezer for a treat you won’t feel guilty about eating!
Servings: Roughly 6 (This recipe makes roughly 1 ½ cups of cookie dough.)
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (or about 4 tablespoons)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: None
- 1 (16-ounce) can of chickpeas (low sodium or no sodium), rinsed and skinned (or 2 cups of dry chickpeas, prepared according to the package)
- 1/3 cup of low-sodium peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup of miniature peanut butter cups (other topping ideas: nuts, chocolate chips, raisins)
Rinse the chickpeas in a colander and skin most of them to make the cookie dough smoother – leaving some skins on lends the recipe a gritty texture. (If preparing dry chickpeas, follow the instructions on the package. Please note: This method will take longer.) Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel. Puree the chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla and agave in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add in the miniature peanut butter cups. Enjoy right away or store in a freezer-safe container and enjoy later!
Recipe adapted from sixvegansisters.com