Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 burritos
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Toppings: avocado, green chilies, additional salsa and sour cream
- Spray a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, chili powder and cumin and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add the black beans and cook for an additional minute while stirring, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Open a tortilla and sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of cheese, then add 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top, followed by 1 tablespoon of salsa, and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Roll up each side of the tortilla and fold it. Place the tortilla seam side down onto a grill pan or skillet over medium high heat and repeat with next 3 tortillas.
- Heat a grill pan or clean skillet over medium-high heat and spray it with cooking spray. Set the tortillas into the pan, seam-side down. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are golden brown on the bottom side and then flip them to continue cooking on that side until browned.
- Add desired toppings before serving.
Recipe adapted from redefinedmom.com