Make the Perfect Picnic Snack!
Summertime calls for picnics, and every picnic deserves a great snack that you can easily bring along on your journey. Read on for the perfect picnic-ready edamame and pea hummus recipe. Just try to leave some for your friends!
Serves: 7-8 picnic guests (2 ½ cups total)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped for garnish
- Choice of assorted crackers or veggies, for serving
- Medium pot
- Food processor
- Serving spoon
- Salt water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cook the edamame in the pot until tender, or 3 to 5 minutes. Place edamame in colander.
- Once water has returned to boil, cook peas until tender, or about 1 minute. Add peas to colander with edamame to drain.
- Add edamame, peas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, water and salt to food processor. Pulse together until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle olive oil and process until the mixture is a smooth purée. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl and top with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with crackers or veggies for dipping.
Estimated Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 40g
Total Carbohydrates: 30g
Total Sugar: 6g
Adapted from justataste.com