Check Out This Delicious Way to Enjoy Grilled Veggies
Change up your veggie routine by making these vegetable kabobs while you’re grilling up your favorite burger, chicken or fish this weekend!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, yellow or orange)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Slice the vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the vegetables to the bowl and stir until the vegetables are well coated. Marinate the vegetables in a covered container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to two hours.
- Add the vegetables to kabob skewers.*
- Grill the kabobs for 15 minutes over medium heat or until the vegetables reach the desired texture.
*Note: When you’re using wooden kabob skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in water before grilling to prevent the sticks from scorching. Or, try using a grill basket to skip skewering altogether!
Recipe adapted from chocolateslopes.com/grilled-spring-vegetable-kabobs/