A simple and delicious holiday recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 3 tablespoons non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a knife and place them on an aluminum foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork (about one hour).
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let them cool until they are able to be handled.
- Remove the skins from the sweet potatoes, if desired, and add them to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Using an immersion blender or potato masher, blend all the ingredients together until the sweet potatoes are completed mashed.
Adapted from: chocolateslopes.com